Saturday 15 June 2013

Homemade jam and Meowy and Toonie

Today was a homemade jam kind of day. Nah, it HAD to be a homemade jam kind of day because we had lots and lots of older-not-so-good-looking strawberries. So guess who had to haul the stems and sort them and make sure there were no funky molds on them? Me.
My hands were bloody red by the time I was done, and I went out on to the deck to wash them.
Meowy watching me wash the strawberries
And the final product! (before it gets cooked and all that)




 So red. So beautiful.

And Meowy wanted to enjoy the sun too!

Meowy loves to smell things. He'll come up to anything to smell it and leave his furry-ness on it.




Meowy trying to smell the camera

PINE TREE BRANCH OBSESSED
 And of course, Toonie follows right out. He loves attention, just like Meowy.
Hi Toonie!

And for my homemade jam, the final final product:
Ta-dah!


I put them in jars to give to a few friends, but I have a whole bucket container filled with jam in the fridge. 
Yay for homemade jams!

And some multigrain bagel with xream cheese and my homemade jam- oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment